Abstract for Oral / Poster Presentation
Name of presenters (Presenting author should be bold)
Affiliations of all authors
Background and Objective
Maximum word count 250
Subject of the abstract should be written in “Times new roman” (font size 12),
Headings, Times new roman (font size 14, bold),
sub headings (Times new roman font size 12,bold)
Please Mention Your Email Address in the Word Document of Abstract
GUIDELINES: POSTER PREPARATION
Title: 10-12 words describing what was investigated with the Key Word
Background: A brief summary of what is known in the field and introduction to the question addressed in the study.
Objectives: Specific aim(s) of the study.
Methods: Describe the study design. Use pictures and flow charts as much as possible.
Results: Present relevant data, including the primary outcome (even if negative), key secondary outcomes, along with statistical analysis.
Conclusions: Summary of main outcome of the study.
References: Please mention any source of citation used in the poster
Please check the content for grammar and structure before submitting the poster.
Title should be in caps, double-spaced with name(s) of author(s) and their institution.
Poster size should be 4 feet height (vertical) and 3 feet width (horizontal)
Please keep the background of your poster simple (in light colors) and text in darker colors. You may use visuals (photographs, graphs, scanned X-Ray images); however the resolution of these visuals should be such that they get printed clearly. Minimum resolution of images should be 300dpi.
GUIDELINES: ORAL PRESENTATION
Prepare all presentations in PowerPoint, for technical reasons PREZI is not encouraged.
Use a consistent and simple design template.
Use a plain background and contrasting font color. Do not use a patterned background. Light background with a dark font is preferable.
Use a standard Sans Serif font (Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Tahoma)
The minimum font size may be 24, and number of lines per slide may be 7.
Use the same font throughout your presentation.
Align all text either to the left or to the right.
Limit the use of fly-ins and flashy animations for each bullet point.
Use key phases in place of whole sentences/paragraphs to include essential information only. Avoid clutter.
Limit the use of punctuation and use a standard sentence case instead of all capital letters.
Use good quality, high resolution images to reinforce your message
Limit the number of slides and avoid slide transitions at a quick pace. A good rule to remember is one slide per minute.
Have all slides numbered, so the audience can refer to go back to a specific slide in the question and answer session. Put repeating elements (like page numbers) in the same location on each page.
For video/animation, bring a copy of your video in your USB to avoid inconvenience.
Bring a copy of your presentation in a USB device. To avoid inconvenience with technical issue, email a final copy of the presentation to yourself.
The title slide should have the topic and name of all researchers (if any) with the presenting author
If possible, share your disclosure statement to avoid any conflict of interest
Do not add more than 2 slides of introduction.
You are encouraged to display your results in Tables or figures instead of text
Do not add discussion slides.
Headings mentioned in the ‘ABSTRACT RULES’ on the website may be followed.
References may be written on the last slides and font size may be reduced to incorporate all references.
Reading from the slides is discouraged.
You are encouraged to display your results in Tables or figures instead of text
Distribution of Poster Presentations on Different Conference Days
Day 1 (12th December, 2018)
- “Study Of Annual And Semester Systems Of Examination In Indus Medical College, University Of Modern Sciences, Tando Muhammad Khan Sindh, Pakistan” by Dr. Imtiaz Ali Memon
- “Application of CIPP (Context, Input, Process and Product) Model for Program Evaluation at Aga Khan University” by Rehana Rehman
- “Stress Challenging House Officers Physically And Mentally” by Sara Sadiq
- “Comparative Analysis Of Mood And Perception Of Performance In Professional Runners Before And After Sprint” by Huma Bugti
- “Were You Still Stressed….While You Were Sleeping?” by Sana Hasan
- “Diffusion MRI guided study of regional variations in Glioblastoma Multiforme pathology and gene expression” by Fazal Arain
- “Depression, Anxiety, Stress And It’s Associated Factors With Chronic Illness: A Cross-Sectional Study” by Miraa Qutab
- “Migraine among medical students in Fatima Jinnah Medical University” by Shazo Sana
- “Association between Myopia and Blood groups in medical students of FJMU” by Shazo Sana
- “Frequency Of Computer Vision Eye Syndrome Among Medical Students” by Sadam Hussain
- “Middle and Late Latency Auditory Evoked Potentials and Their Clinical Applications: An Update” by Syed Shahid Habib
- “Neuroprotective Effect of Panax Ginseng Extract against Cerebral Ischemia-Reperfusion Induced Oxidative Brain Injury in MCAO Models” by Mufzala Shamim1*
- “Preemptive Effect Of Curcumin Administration On Sensorimotor Dysfunction: A StudyIn Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion-Reperfusion (Mcao-R) Injury Model Of Ischemic Stroke” by Mufzala Shamim
- “Post-Surgical Depression” by Mahreen Chaudhary
- “Prevalence Of Compulsive Sexual Behavior/Hyper Sexuality Disorder And Its Psychological Manifestations In Youth” by Syeda Farah Batool
- “Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (Aiha); A Hematologic Perspective At A Tertiary Care Hospital” by Ghulam Nabi Pathan
- “Assessment of Oxidative Stress Markers Catalase and Superoxide Dismutase in Blood Samples of Polluted and Non-Polluted Areas” by Uzma Jabbar
- “Factors Associated With Skipping Breakfast among Day Scholars and Boarding Adolescents And Their Effects On Their Academic Performance” by Fatima Chaudhary
- “Prevalence Of Gingivitis And Other Dental Problems’’by FahmidaMemon
- “Anemia and its association with Anthropometric indices in affluent male University students”by Benazir Faheem1Jamshed Warsi1
- “Prevalence Of Malnutrition Among Children Under Five Years Of Age In District Tharparkar, Sindh, Pakistan”byKhalid Hussain Lashari,
- “Anemia And Its Association With Oxidized Tea Drinking In Affluent Pakistani Female University Students” by Jamshed Warsi
- “Pattern of Nutrient Selection and Physical Activity Status in Urban Pakistani Females of Different Socioeconomic Status” by Shumaila Ashfaq1
- “Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia; a Hematologic Perspective at a Tertiary Care Hospital” by Ghulam Nabi Pathan,
- “Potential Effects Of Peel Extracts On Biochemical Parameters Of Hyperlipidemic Animal Models” by Wajiha Jamal
- “Nomophobia: A Myth or an Emerging Issue among Dental Students” by Munsara Khalid Khan
- “Prevalence and Risk factors of LBP among Radiology Technologists in Radiology Diagnostic Centers of Karachi” by Abdul Qayoom
Day 2 (13th December, 2018)
- “Relationship of Vitamin D and Magnesium with Insulin Resistance in Obesity” by Sabiha Iqbal
- “Effect Of Vitamin D Supplementation On Weight And BMI Of Mice Taking High Fat Diet” by Chaman Nasrullah
- “Association of Serum Vitamin D levels with Hypertension & Myocardial Infarction” by Qanita Mahmud
- “Association Of Low Serum Vitamin D With Myopia In Students Of Fjmu” by Ghazala Naveed
- “Study of Rap1 GTPase Subtype A in the Regulation of Insulin Secretion In Vivo and In Vitro” by Sadaf Baqai
- “Effects Of Vitamin D On Of Hypothalamic Pituitary Gonadal Axis Of Adult Sprague Dawley Rats” by Ayyaz Ahmed
- “Physical Fitness and Its Relationship to Plasma Leptin, Leptin Soluble Receptor, and Free Leptin Index in a Saudi Population: A Comparison between Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Individuals” by Syed Shahid Habib
- “Comparative Analysis of Kefir and Alovera Gel among Normal Flora of Diabetic and Non-Diabetic” by Sheikh Saba Naz
- “Mean Platelet Volume as an Indicator of Glycemic Control in type 2 Diabetes Mellitus” by Ghulam Murtaza Kaka
- “Blood Group B: A Risk Factor for Pre-Eclampsia” by Sana Shahid
- “Breast Cancer Awareness Amongst Female Teenagers Studying In The Federal Territory Of Pakistan” by HamnaAttique
- “Antioxidant Effects Of Spinach On Weight Of Testes And Epididymis In Obese Sprague Dawley Rats” by Somia Iqbal
- “To Evaluate Serum Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT), Uric Acid And Creatinine Levels In Patients With Preeclampsia-Eclampsia And Pregnancy Induced Hypertension” by Sabah Farhat
- “Post Menstrual Syndrome and Nutritional status of young females in Pakistan” by Tahira Ghulam Muhammad
- “Effects of vitamin D supplementation on statins induced decline in fertility” by Maimoona Tabassum
- “Contribution of Male factor in infertility in a sample of local Population of Pakistan”by Ambreen Khalid
- “Serum Levels Of Visfatin In Normal And Gdm Patients 1n Third Trimester” by Samita Yasmin
- “Prevalence Of Metabolic Syndrome In Pre And Postmenopausal Working Women In Hyderabad, Pakistan” by Zulfiqar Ali Leghari
- “Association of oxidative stress with female infertility” by Faiza Alam
- “Plasma Somatostatin, Insulin and Insulin like growth factor-1 levels in women with and without polycystic ovary syndrome” by Sadia Javed
- “Association of ABO Blood group with Malaria” by NimraMasudBaig
- “Association of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism of Transforming Growth Factor β1 (T29C) in Breast Cancer Patients” by SairaJaahan
- “Cloning, expression, purification and structural studies on novel oxidoreductase and phosphoribosylBRformylglycinamidine synthase from vancomycin resistant Staphylococcus aureus” by Faryal Ashraf
- “Association of Vaspin levels and its SNP rs2236242 with Gestational Diabetes at a tertiary care setting” by Karishma Kanhya Lal
- “Assessment of Potential Modifiable and Non-Modifiable Risk Factors for Breast Cancer among Premenopausal Women in Southern Pakistan” by Mehr-un-Nisa Iqbal
Day 3 (14th Decmber, 2018)
Cardiovascular / Respiratory System”
- “Serial evaluation and inter-relationship of C-reactive protein with cardiac enzymes pattern in patients suffering from ischemic heart disease (IHD)”by Saman Saeed
- “Insulin Resistance And Beta-Cell Function In Adolescents Of Hypertensive Patients”by Miraa Qutab
- “Urbanization: Its Association With Noise Pollution And Compromised Hearing Capability And Its Impacts On Blood Pressure: A Comparative Cross Sectional Study”by Tazeen Shah
- “Association Of Anthropometric Indices With Cvd Risk Factors In Healthy Adults”by Farzana Baloch
- “Cardioprotective Efficacy Of Fenofibrate In Isoproterenol-Induced Heart Failure Rats Via Abrogation Of Oxidative Stress And Inflammation”byNihaDhyani
- “Association Of Diet With Cardiovascular Diseases Risk Factors In Young Adults Of District Larkana, Sindh Pakistan”by Sahar u NisaPechuho
- “Correlation Of Serum Magnesium With Hs CRP In Diabetic Patients With Ischemic Heart Disease: A Causative Factor For Progression Of Ischemic Heart Disease In Diabetic Patients”by Naim Ahmed Nizami
- “Learning Of ECG with Puzzles” by Ayyaz Ahmed
- “The Effect Of Different Exercise Intensities On Plasma Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (Vegf) In Healthy Volunteers” by Inayat Shah
- “Association of Angiotensin II Levels in Patients of Vasovagal Syncope and Postural Tachycardia Syndrome” by Hammad Raziq
- “Cardiovascular Defects In Rap1a-Null C57bl/6 Mice” by ShafaqJaved
- “Correlation Of Ischemic Heart Disease And High Density Lipoproteins” by Adeela Mehmood
- “Immediate Response Of Cardiovascular System During Post Exercise Period” by Hamza Zaheer
- “Chrysin Supplementation Improves Coronary Risk Ratio (CRR) In Male Albino Rats” by Mahnoor Fatima
- “Serum Magnesium Level Is Associated With Excerbation Of Bronchail Asthma” by Muhammad Shahid Saeed
- “Effect of Passive Smoking on Neonatal Birth Weight Using Early Neonatal Salivary Cotinine Level “by Wardah Anwar
- “Impact Of Body Fat Distribution On Respiratory Parameters Among Healthy Adults” by Arooj Bhatti
- “Fasting Serum Resistin and Blood Glucose Levels in Newly Diagnosed Male Patients of Pulmonary Tuberculosis with and without Diabetes Mellitus type 2” by Hifza Noor Lodhi
- “Serum Resistin levels as a Prognostic Marker in the Course of Anti Tuberculous Treatment” by Sumaira Iqbal
- “Role Of Physical Activity In Mental Well Being Of Medical Students Of Pakistan” by Yusra Bint-e-Hafiz
- “Role Of BMI On Hand Grip Force With Respect To Gender” by Ayesha Sadiqa
Gastrointestinal/ Renal System:
- “Comparison of Liver Function Test in Smokers Versus Non Smokers” by Ashfaque Ahmed Buriro
- “Over prescription of Acid Suppression Therapy in Non Intensive Care Hospitalized Patients” by Ali Sufiyan
- “Curative Potential of Quercetin Against CCl4-induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats” By Dr. Samia Mushtaq
- “Association Of High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol With Improvement Of Endothelial Dysfunction Recovery In Renovascular Disease” by Ghazal Yasmeen